Well it is indeed Friday and this is my first blog post of the week for many reasons. Costume commissions, a wee bit of lethargy and feeling lost without my main camera (the old friend in the title of this blog post), which is still in for repair. I had no idea how dependant I had become on this piece of equipment but gosh it effects a whole host of things!!!
My old wee camera is so temperamental at charging up (it only takes a 'special battery' which only charges when it feels like it) and it does not take very good photo's at all. The costume I have been working on throughout the last 2 weeks is due to be collected tomorrow and I will not have a chance to get any decent photographs for my portfolio which I am so disappointed about as I have been working so hard on it. The afternoons are dark here and there is little enough light as it is - but perhaps tomorrow there will be enough for me get a few shots. I really hope so!
* A wonderful wonderful trip to London London
* The sudden and awful realization that the craft fair that in my head was taking place in 2 weeks - is in fact in one weeks time - eeeep!! This is not good. My first proper craft fair that I am doing as an individual rather than a group and I have so little stock it is in no way even remotely humorous. So guess what I will be doing every waking hour next week! Crocheting, sewing, gluing, printing, working myself into a frenzy. But it will all be good! So there will be no updates in my art or accessories shops till the week after next. But I shall get there in the end as I always do!
* The fear that I may actually begin to suffer frostbite on the end of my nose. As much as I adore this house I am really struggling to cope with the coldness. Thank goodness the loft space is the warmest room in the house.
* A possible breakthrough in the situation which has been going on behind the scenes of my life which I have been unable to talk about. But I am hoping there is now some light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel.
* Chocolate spread eaten off a spoon. A very indulgent item to get on our last shopping trip and I think Mark is more than a little dismayed at the rate the pot is emptying - but you won't give my little secret away.....will you?
* The nagging feeling that I am trying to do too much and not doing any of it very well. Costume commissions are all very well but not very well paid and there is more that I need to be doing with my life. I am currently trying to refocus, prioritise and decide exactly what it is I want to be doing. At the moment these commissions are preventing me from painting and that needs to change. I need to take a leap of the edge of the cliff and just do it!!! I still want to work on costumes but in a completely different way – more as an art form reflecting my own artwork rather than to the needs of a customer. I am desperate to get back to working with costume in a way that expresses ‘me’ and my aesthetic. Watch this space as there will be more to come. I can feel it.
So there we have it! My week. Above is 2 works in progress – a mini production line of my crochet cuffs and also the current costume which is now complete but not yet photographed.
PS - I am so behind on blog reading and commenting and replying to comments at the moment - I am so sorry. Also if you have a blogger account for some reason my laptop will hardly ever let me comment and I cannot work out why so please bear with me and I will try to get it sorted!
Have a wonderful weekend!